Students will start the course with online learning via our eLearning portal. There is pre-reading, online learning modules and knowledge-based assessments prior to joining a classroom session. This will ensure students have the required knowledge and understanding before progressing to the practical application and assessment in the classroom.
Course duration and delivery:
Online training and assessment (approximately 12.5 hours) plus 2 days (16 hours) face-to-face training and assessment.
PLEASE NOTE: The Skills Ready skill set which is 100% free for eligible students is the 4-day Pool Lifeguard Course. Enrolling in the 2-day Pool Lifeguard Course is not eligible for this program.
- Statement of Attainment for HLTAID011 Provide first aid
- The fitness , strength, efficiency and speed to swim 25m, tow a person 25m and remove a patient from the water without assistance
- English proficiency to work through course resources and instruction
- Minimum age 16 - Access to a computer and the internet to access the eLearning portal prior to participating in the face-to-face training.
Certification: On successfully completing this skill set, a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competence will be issued:
- SISCAQU019 - Supervise patron safety in aquatic locations
- SISCAQU020 - Perform water rescues
- SISCAQU021 - Perform advanced water rescues
- SISCAQU022 - Provide oxygen resuscitation and therapy in an aquatic environment
Please allow up to 10 working days to receive your certificate upon successful completion of the course.
International Students: Please note that Royal Life Saving WA is not registered on CRICOS, we are therefore unable to provide national training to overseas students holding a student visa. By enrolling in this course, you are declaring you are not an overseas student holding a student visa.